The summer immediately draws our attention towards haircare. The summer sun imparts an adverse effect on hair by damaging the hair cuticles thereby posing numerous hair problems like frizziness, dry scalp, dandruff, dust, split ends etc. Extra attention should be paid during summers as our tresses require more care in summers.
* During the summer our scalp becomes dry. Our hair loses the moisture & becomes fragile & breaks. "Sebum" the natural scalp oil secreted by the sebaceous gland which moisturizes the scalp is reduced during summers. So do not shampoos regularly as this will remove moisture & will make them hard & brittle. Use moisturizing & gentle shampoo formulas like 'Phytonectar, Phytojoba.'
* If you have split ends & a frizzy problem, then trim the damaged hair section frequently. Keep a short hair style during summers which will let you freak out in the sun.
* The application of SP30 protective sunscreen which is good for the skin is safe for the hairs, to prevent hair damage in the direct sunlight.
* Long hair need extra care. Do wear a scarf, hat or take an umbrella while going out in summers. This will protect your hair from the harmful ultraviolet rays of sun.
* The hot wind blows causes the dust problem & produces dandruff. A regular head bath with cold water, removes the accumulated dust.
* You can rub lemon on your scalp or apply coconut oil mixed with camphor ingredients or use gooseberry oil to get rid off the dandruff.
* Make plat or knot your hairs to avoid total exposure to sun thereby avoiding frizzy hairs & hair tangle.
* Avoid using dryers, hot iron, straighter & curler during hot summers. Use natural air dry method whenever possible.
* Restrict the use of color, bleach & artificial hair products as they contain alcohol which dries your hair to a great extent. Use of herbal & natural hair products is advisable like 'Jojoba oil, Amla oil'. They regain the deteriorated hair moisture, repair the damaged hair & increase the scalp circulation therey increasing the hair growth.
* Deep condition your hair after every wash.
* Application of Henna mixed with reetha & egg for 1 hour gives a good hair conditioning as well as cooling effect to the scalp.
* Do oil massage twice a week. Choose oil according to hair texture eg:
- For fine & thin hairs, use lighter oil like almond or sesame oil.
- For coarse & thick hairs, use heavier oil like olive or coconut oil.
- For extremely damaged hairs use jojoba oil.
* Dink plenty of water during the summer. This will hydrate your system & provide proper health to your tresses.
* Diet should include amla & amla products.
* Before going for swimming dampen your hair to reduce chlorinated water absorption. Do go for a head wash to remove chlorine contents with a good shampoo.