Your hair plays a vital role in your appearance and so it makes sense to keep it well maintained. Below you will find some simple hair care tips for guys that will allow you to keep you healthy and shiny.
1. Towel drying is one of the major causes of damage. When it is wet, it is highly vulnerable to damage. To properly towel dry, shake out the extra water and stroke your hair in the direction it grows rather than vigorously rubbing it with the towel.
2. Nothing feels better than a good hot water shower, but it can cause havoc on your hair and scalp. Very hot water removals much of the essential oil from both and leads to dryness. Therefore rinsing with luke warm water is better for you.
3. Avoid harmful chemical treatments because continuous coloring can leave it damaged, dry, and dull.
4. Another hair care tip for guys is to use a good shampoo and conditioner to keep it clean, add moisture and elasticity, and make the cuticle smooth enough to shine.
5. Hair is most susceptible to damage when it is wet. When combing it wet, you should use a wide-toothed comb and gently work at removing the tangles. Avoid overusing heating tools such as blow dryers or irons which can dry it out a lot.
6. The condition of your hair is often a reflection of the overall health of your body. Therefore, it is recommend that you eat a balanced diet, exercise, drink plenty of water, get sufficient sleep, and reduce stress in your life. This piece of advice is a well known tip for guys and girls to have bouncy and healthy hair.
7. Regularly trimming is advised by most stylists. The only way to remove damaged ends is to cut them off. Regularly trimming will help eliminate split ends. It is advisable to get it done every six weeks.
8. Less moisture and protein in your hair can lead to frizz. To minimize this problem, you should use a good and branded moisturizing conditioner. A glossy, smoothing serum can be applied to add shine and vitality. In order to avoid dryness add oil regularly in order to get that natural shine.
The above mentioned hair care tips for guys are the most common ones recommended. It is essential to remember that by just following these helpful suggestions you will do a lot to save your crowning glory. A good haircut says a lot about you so ask your stylist for the best advice on how to care for yours so you can look your best.